Your website is your public face. It will often be the first place people ever hear about your business. It is definitely the place they will turn when they are deciding whether or not to purchase your products or services.
Too often, businesses commit one of these seven deadly sins on their websites:
- Have copy that rambles on like the Dead Sea scrolls.
- Talk about product features, but never discuss benefits.
- Assume the target market understands their business.
- Focus copy on themselves, rather than on the customer.
- Make it difficult for visitors to navigate their site.
- Neglect to provide a prominent call to action.
- Fail to optimize their copy for the search engines.
Fortunately, you can easily avoid every one of these seven deadly sins with professionally-written, search engine optimized web copy.
Author: Paula Marolewski